Cambridgeshire businesses can now get a discount of 40 per cent on innovative digital products and services - up to £4,000 - and a broadband connection voucher of up to £3,000 as part of a major new initiative.
Destination Digital was officially launched in Cambridge last month with the aim of encouraging SMEs in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to make the most of the ongoing roll-out of fibre-optic broadband and next generation digital services, such as cloud computing, mobile apps and video-conferencing.
Destination Destination is offering a package of support and financial help to encourage Cambridgeshire businesses to make the most of new digital technologies. Businesses can take advantage of free consultancy and workshops; get vouchers of up to £3000 to fund the one-off installation cost of connecting to faster broadband and get a 40 % discount on digital services and products .
Camb IT, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, provides a range of such digital services - from business broadband to hosted email and other office applications and cloud based internet telephony services. The company also provides IT support and IT consultancy for a wide variety of Cambridge businesses as well as web hosting and web design.
Eligible small and medium sized businesses in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough can get the following free support from the experts at Destination Digital:
- 12 hours of one-to-one bespoke guidance and diagnostics on creating a digital strategy.
- Workshops, webinars, training and demonstrations .
- Advice and guidance on the latest digital technology. Topics include cloud computing, social media, e-commerce, remote and collaborative working and security.
- Access to Destination Digital's online learning hub with the latest information and advice on digital technology.
- Up to 40% towards the cost of digital products and services (up to £4,000)
Destination Digital stresses that there are a limited number of grants available up to March 2015 so companies interested in taking advantage of the scheme should call them on 0800 917 7044 as soon as possible.